Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear

Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear
Trailers, Kitchens, Overland Gear, Rooftop Tents

ARB Differential Covers


High Country Performance 4x4 includes a 500 mile check up in the price of the lift install to make sure all the bolts stay tight and everything looks good after some time on road.  At that time its also necessary to service the differentials and check them for any undesirable gear wear, metal shavings, or chips etc..  So, I decided that would be an opportune time to have new differential covers put on for free!



I ordered ARB differential covers for both the front and rear Dana 44's. They came from 4wd.com like this:




I ordered a couple cans of Mopar spray paint from the local jeep dealership.  The paint code is part of your VIN number which is found on the driver's door pillar.

Next I used a scuff pad to scrub off the gloss finish on the covers.

Then I taped the threaded drain and fill holes.

I put on a couple coats of spray paint and it looked like this.

Then I used a grinder wheel on my dremel to take off the paint on the ARB letters.

Lastly, I used spray clear coat to put on a few layers of protection. Here they are all glossy!

Today I had my appointment at HCP4x4 and they were installed.  I think they look great.




Site Meter