Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear

Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear
Trailers, Kitchens, Overland Gear, Rooftop Tents

DIY Gobi Rack Hi-Lift Mount for $5


I fabricated my own hi-lift mount for my Gobi rack after seeing the +$100 price tag of the one Gobi offers.



I started with some flat bar stock, about 2" wide. I cut 3" pieces off and primed and painted them and drilled a hole in the middle.


Next I bought some 4.5", 1/2" diameter threaded carriage bolts.  I tried using grade 8 hex bolts, but the thread is only on the end 2" of the bolt, so they don't really work.  You sandwhich the tubes of the Gobi rack between two of the plates you fabricated, and bolt it tight.



Next slide on the hi-lift.  Then use some wing nuts and a large washer to secure it.


That's it!  I chose the passenger side since the ladder is on the driver's side.  The "foot" of the jack hangs off the back.  This adds some height to your overall jeep with the arm sticking out from the jack, but I have an 8ft garage door so I am ok.





Hopefully it will hold up offroad.  If not, I'll update this post.
Site Meter