Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear

Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear
Trailers, Kitchens, Overland Gear, Rooftop Tents

HD Customs Rock Sliders


Want bulletproof custom sliders, welded to your frame for the cost of bolt-on's?


I was originally all but set on ordering some Shrockworks rock sliders. But I realized that with the long arm lift, the bolt on product might not work. Bolts on's require you to drill your frame and the brackets are in a fixed position front to back. When you have a long arm lift, your stock control arm brackets are cut off an new ones are welded in a different place. A lot of rock slider - lift kit combinations interfere. So, I called Shrockworks and they said the best they could do was ship the rear arm "loose" and I would have to get it welded to the slider once I knew the correct positioning. That also meant I'd have to fix the powder coat. This seemed like a jerry rig solution of sorts. So, I decided to go full custom. At the same time, I met Jarrett from HD Customs through my jeep club. He does amazing fabrication. So, I brought him some photos of the type of slider I wanted and he made them from scratch. Here is how the turned out!
I had him cut my pinch seam and cut back the stock rubicon sliders.
As you can see, I left the stock rubicon sliders in place.  I looked at a bunch of photos of this style slider and I felt it left an awkward gab between the slider and the bottom of the body tub.  Besides, if my new sliders ever were to bend (which I thin is near impossible) the stock slider would provide additional support.

Site Meter