Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear

Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear
Trailers, Kitchens, Overland Gear, Rooftop Tents

Teraflex Kit Issues

I love the 6" Elite LCG kit. It drives great on the road and performs great offroad. However, I've found some small problems.









Fully flexing out the kit in Moab brought to light some problems. I brought the jeep back to HCP4x4 where the lift was installed. I was told by a different shop the stock spring spacers had not been put back in like the tereflex kit calls for. HCP4x4 said they were in there and my issues where due to my heavy bumper and rack. They installed 1" spring spacers. I'm trying to get to the bottom of that issue.

Anyway, here are the places the kit is rubbing.

1.  Rear bump stop extension pad is rubbing track bar bracket bolt.


2. Driver's side rear sway bar arm is rubbing frame at full stuff.

3. The inner fender plastic is hitting the tire. I think this is what is making most the noise.  I will be trimming these and getting rid of the fenders when I put on tube fenders.

4. The rear driver's side shock is hitting the track bar bracket. 

I'm not sure how you fix some of these.  HCP4x4 claims "this is normal and all JK's with the teraflex kit do this".  If I get any updates I will post.

Site Meter