Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear

Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear
Trailers, Kitchens, Overland Gear, Rooftop Tents

Yukon 5.38 Gears

After much research, I decided to go with a 5.38 gear set on my jeep since I would be running 37" tires.  Many people felt 5.13's were all you need.  However, since I will be driving in the mountains extensively as well as pulling my offroad trailer, I felt the possible decrease in fuel economy was worth it.  Plus, the gears are the same price.  When I went into HCP4x4 they told me that 5.38's would not physically fit inside the Dana 44 housing.   I did more reasearch and found out they were wrong.  I called them and after they called Yukon and they stood corrected.   After driving the jeep with the lift installed, I think I made the right choice.  The jeep drives almost the same as stock.  Had I gone with 5.13's I think I might have been dissapointed.
Site Meter