Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear

Altitude Industries iKamper Dealer and Overland Gear
Trailers, Kitchens, Overland Gear, Rooftop Tents

Lift Installed! Its a MONSTER!

The lift is done, and its a beast!  When my wife stands next to the jeep, the window is above her head.

I purchased the 6" Teraflex Elite LCG Long Arm kit.  I also installed Yukon 5.38 gears front and rear.  I had the lift installed at High Country Performance 4x4 in Denver, Colorado. They have a great reputation, and from what I can tell so far, they did a great job.  Since I had to have someone install the gears anyway, I thought paying an extra $800-1000 to have the lift professionally installed was worth the price.  Especially since you had to cut off all the stock brackets off the frame and weld new ones on and removal of the gas tank was necessary to install the lift.

I picked up the jeep and drove it to work where my coworker has a stock 4-dr JK.  Looks pretty funny sitting side by side!

I drove the jeep home up the mountain hills and it did pretty good.  The 5.38's mostly kept power, I only had to drop into 4th gear on the steepest part of the drive.  It did start to wobble a bit on a few straight aways, where you feel like the steering wheel might get out of control, but it was just a small wobble.  So, when I take the jeep back in to have the differentials serviced (you have to do this 500 miles after installation of new gears) they will take a look and see what they can tweek.
MORE PHOTOS HERE!

Site Meter